The YDD Annex

Because One Blog Is Never Enough

Friday, September 23, 2005

Shutting down

I've stowed my own computer, and am about to do the same with Stella's. I hope the bathroom closet stays dry... the computers are on a high shelf. We're almost ready for this thing, if anyone can ever be said to be ready for a storm like this. Anyway, this is mostly to say that I'll soon be limited to what I can do with my laptop.

An aside: the YDD site is completely defunct at the moment. Don't even bother visiting. And for a while, you can't even send me email. I plan to fire up the laptop when there's power and a phone connection; you can leave messages on this thread if you like.

Thanks for all the kind words and offers of assistance. We appreciate that.

4 Comments:

  • At 9/23/2005 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stay safe....

     
  • At 9/23/2005 12:31 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    i could have sworn i posted a comment somewhere, but don't know which one...or if it "stuck".

    anyway. stay safe, we'll be keeping an eye on what's going on and keeping you in our thoughts.

     
  • At 9/23/2005 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a nervous wreck, Steve; my anger after Katrina was hard to bear, but this is worse. I didn't know anyone in the hurricane zone for Katrina, but this time around I have several e-friends down there.

    Keep your head down and your feet dry. I'm looking forward to some first-hand reporting from a news source I can trust.

     
  • At 9/24/2005 7:17 AM, Blogger Steve Bates said…

    Thanks, all. I'll post more when I'm not occupying the kitchen counter. FWIW, we never really lost power, despite a few blips. It may happen yet, if there is flooding. Again, thanks for your concerns. At the moment, we're just fine; it's the people east of us you need to worry about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home